There are many great foods out there that will benefit your Immune System... Here are five of my favorites!! Adding these foods into your diet will give your Immune System a huge boost and keep you healthy!!
Citrus Fruits are one of the most refreshing and healthy foods during the cold winter season.
Packed with Vitamin C... Citrus Fruits boost the Immune System and keep you healthy and strong no matter what time of year!
Here are some more reasons to eat Citrus Fruits:
1. Calms the nerves... Lemons are known for their power to relieve stressful nerves. If you've ever had a nervous episode... try some lemon juice... it works wonders.
2. Suppresses cancer... the biggest vitamin C benefit is that it inhibits the growth and spread of cancerous tumors. Consuming vitamin C inhibits the forming of the cancerous cells and helps to reduce the growth of cancerous tumors.
3. Relieves Rheumatism and Osteoarthritis. Most people cannot deal with all the side effects from the medical treatments for Rheumatism and Osteoarthritis. Vitamin C and the amino acid known as Cysteine are the vitamins that come to the rescue. The disease-fighting potential of vitamin C is remarkable... being extremely important in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.
4. Eases Allergies. If you are a person who suffers from allergies... you can benefit tremendously by adding vitamin C to your diet.
5. Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease. Vitamin C can reduce the LDL, or bad cholesterol, and enhances the HDL, or good cholesterol. Although vitamin C is not the cure for cardiovascular disease... it helps to keep our blood vessels healthy and running smoothly... thus reducing the risk of stroke and heart attack.
Has been known for its amazing healing properties for centuries!! Scientists had been intensely researching the active compounds within garlic that made it such an important medicinal herb for over 3,000 years.
Allicin... the active compound in garlic... is a sulfur compound. Although there are several sulfur compounds in nature, science considers this compound to be unique. Allicin is capable of passing the blood-brain barrier and influencing the mechanisms that affect the brain.
Allicin can be found in animal tissues and most notably in the garlic bulb. Digestion for allicin occurs primarily in the stomach and intestine. The chemical is produced by a special enzyme present in the garlic bulb and used for the digestion of meat!! It also plays a key role in the prevention of arteriosclerosis, a process that can lead to a variety of heart problems. It is also thought to have anti-cancer properties and can interfere with the development of cancerous tumors.
Recent research on garlic has discovered that it is particularly effective in reducing the harmful effects of LDL or bad cholesterol which constitutes a large percentage of artery-clogging plaque.
Here are some more issues that are treated with Garlic:
- Strokes ( valve dysfunction)
- Blood clots
- Breast and colon cancer
- High blood pressure
- Stomach ulcers
- Menopausal discomfort
Ginger contains one of the most potent and beneficial compounds of any food... Gingerol.
Gingerol is a relative of capsaicin and piperine... the compounds which are alkaloids! It is normally found as a pungent yellow oil in the ginger rhizome, but can also form a low-melting crystalline solid.
Juicing Ginger and adding it to other drinks... or taking it straight is the best way to enjoy Ginger's powerful benefits!! Here are some more benefits to Ginger:
- Alleviate the symptoms of a cold. Ginger tea is a great choice at the onset of a cold...
- Soothe mild nausea and morning sickness...
- Relieve pain...
- Calm the digestive system...
- Supports heart health...
Yogurt is high in calcium and probiotics... and is beneficial in preventing osteoporosis... allergies... asthma... and other digestive tract problems! Yogurt is also rich in vitamin B-12, which helps rid the body of homocysteine, an amino acid produced in the colon and blood that is a catalyst of many degenerative diseases.
Taken daily the probiotics in Yogurt helps build up your immunity against:
- Stomach acids
- Blood sugar
- Blood sugar substance
- Blood fats
- As well as boosting your immune system against arthritis
- Crohn's disease
- Irritable bowel... and other digestive problems.
Colorful fruits and vegetables such as Spinach always lead to healthy diets. Spinach is packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and thousands of plant chemicals known to influence the way the body produces energy and deal with the stresses of living in today's modern world.
Spinach also has more than a dozen defensive aids in its possessing arsenal:
- Sizable quantities of vitamin K
- B vitamins
- Manganese & Magnesium
- Loaded with Vitamin C
Vitamin K is necessary for clotting of blood, and helps protect the linings of blood vessels, and the linings of the lungs, stomach, intestines, and prostate gland. Vitamin C is a great immune-system booster, protecting us from viruses and bacteria that obviously infect our bodies.
The high iron content in Spinach makes it great for blood builders, and the anti-anemia properties in spinach make it a good "Go to" source of Iron when there is a need, especially for menstruating women.
Spinach also contains vitamin B-12, essential for healthy nerve function and also necessary for metabolism, the absorption of other nutrients in the body, and also for enhancement of mood. The calcium, magnesium, and potassium all make spinach a "Bear" food, and help promote healthy cell walls and nerve function.
Add these 5 Immune Boosting foods to you diet and watch your health skyrocket to levels you have never experienced before!
To Your Health & Fitness