I am always caught off guard when someone with a minor issue and decides to take some experiment medicine to help the issue when they could just change or add something missing to their diet. The idea of Food is Medicine has been around for centuries. Hippocrates once said "Let food be thy medicine."
In the last fifty years, we have been more focused on a pill for every ailment. Today's Western diets are full of refined grain and sugar that create an acidic environment in the stomach. This leads to food sensitivities, yeast overgrowth and inflammation throughout our body.
To heal your issues... start by changing or adding something in your diet. Once you add what is missing or take out what is harming you... you will be able to avoid medications that can have dangerous side effects and complications!!
Check out all the great foods and what part of your body they heal... It's interesting that the food itself tend to resemble the organ that it heals!! I like that!!
Here are why the foods above heal:
1. Carrots heal because of their Beta-carotene content. Carrots have high levels of Vitamin A that heal the eyes and skin. They are also a good source of Vitamin K which aids in bone health.
2. Tomatoes heal because of their Lycopene content. Tomatoes have high levels of Lycopene that is an effective antioxidant for the entire body. They are also high in Vitamin C which is a powerful anti-aging nutrient. Tomatoes also have Vitamin K that promotes bone health and Potassium which helps lower blood pressure... in turn helping your Heart!!
3. Walnuts heal because of their Omega-3 fatty acids. Walnuts are high in Omega 3s that aid in brain health... heart health and the immune system. They are also a good source of Magnesium which aids in energy levels and is important for cell communication.
4. Ginger heals because of its active ingredient, Zingiber officinale. Ginger is in the same family as Turmeric and has an active compound, gingerols that is anti-inflammatory that aids in pain relief. Ginger also helps to maintain a healthy heart and circulation... reducing inflammation in the stomach!!
5. Kidney Beans heal due to their protein and fiber content. Kidney beans are high in Protein that builds muscle, aids in weight loss and the immune system. Fiber also helps to regulate blood sugar levels and burn fat.
6. Sweet potatoes heal because of their Beta-carotene content. Sweet potatoes are high in Beta-carotene that has a direct effect on the eyes, skin, heart and brain. Sweet Potatoes also heal the pancreas because of their high levels of Carotenoids and Vitamin A.
7. Avocados heal the uterus due to their monounsaturated fats. Avocados are high in monounsaturated fats that help with circulation and regulate cholesterol. They also help maintain a healthy heart and blood pressure.
8. Citrus heals the breast because of their high levels of Vitamin C. Citrus fruits are high in Vitamin C which fight against bacterial infections and help support the immune system. Overall citrus has been used since the beginning of time as the Immune System's best friend!!
Add these foods to your diet... even if you don't have any of the aliments above... and watch your health and fitness levels increase!!
To Your Health & Fitness